GKG has received its first blogging award! The lovely lady behind Baby Boomer Bakes, Nikki Norman, has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. (Which is pretty cool!) Nikki’s blog is a treasure trove of recipes, cooking advice, and more. Her own credentials are pretty stellar, too — check here for more information about her, and here to check out some of her amazing recipes. (That Triple Vanilla Christmas Cake? Holy Cow!) Thank you so much for the nomination! Here’s to movin’ on up (cue “The Jeffersons” theme song) in the blogosphere.
Award Acceptance process:
According to the rules, nominees must (i) include a link in your blog to the blog that nominated you; (ii) answer some questions about yourself; (iii) nominate 10 fellow bloggers, linking to their blogs; and (iv) inform them that they have been nominated.
Here we go!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Well, Aquinas is pretty cool. I’m also a fan of Plato & Socrates. (cue “Bill & Ted” reference to “So-crates.”)
2. What is your favorite number? 61 (Weird? Yeah, I know.)
3. What is your favorite animal? Probably a dog; the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is just as exciting as the Oscars for me.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter?
In the interest of not being stalked by my students, I’ll keep this one to myself. If you’d like to visit me on Facebook, feel free to message me a comment.
As for Pinterest, however, I’m all over that: http://pinterest.com/aclipari/
5. What is your favorite time of day? Either 9 am on a Saturday morning (coffee, the Post, my couch, and me. Ahh.) or anytime I’m over the stove!
6. What is your favorite holiday? Ooh … probably a tie between Christmas and Easter. (Does my birthday count? Tee hee.)
7. What is your favorite physical activity? I’ve totally caught the running bug, no matter how irregularly I do it! I also love riding my bike all around DC.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Diet Coke. Or coffee. Anything that keeps teacher-lady caffeinated.
9. What is your passion? Cooking, traveling / exploring new places, art, history … I’m a bit all over the place, and I’m very OK with that. 🙂
10. What is your favorite flower? Daffodils. No matter what Meg Ryan says in “You’ve Got Mail,” I think they’re the friendliest flower.
My nominations, in no particular order, are:
Thanks again! 🙂 Here’s to the fabulous world of blogging.